Since our last update on this blog, the Loklak twitter wall has changed quite a lot. New UI, new features and loads of bug fixing and enhancements. Creating your new twitter wall is super easy. You can have your twitter wall running in as few as just 3 clicks, or you can spend more time in the wall creation process experimenting with around 20 different options so that the wall is just the way you want it to be.
- Logo upload. You can now upload a logo which will be displayed on your twitter wall.
- Specify a place name. Tweets near that place only will be shown.
- Block profane tweets with our new and improved Profanity Blocker. While it is impossible to block all profane content, our profanity blocker is constantly learning and improving itself as we collect more tweets.
- Images/Video filter
- Negative filter. You can specify what you don’t want.
- Optionally hide the event name and the Loklak logo on the wall.
All our 4 wall layouts are now available for use:
- The Linear Layout: This is a simple layout suitable for all kinds of events. Tweets are displayed in a list that gets updated frequently. 3 to 15 tweets are shown depending on your screen resolution
- The Card Layout: This layout is particularly useful when you expect your twitter wall to be very active. Tweets are displayed in cards with 6 – 12 tweets being displayed at a time.
- The Center of Attraction Layout: This layout is suitable when your twitter wall is not very active. Only the latest tweet is shown, occupying most of the screen.
- The Map Layout: This is possibly the coolest layout and my personal favorite. Watch as pins drop down on a map and tweets pop up in real time! An image is not enough, you really have to see this for yourself!
We also have a leaderboard that displays useful stats about your hashtag. You can view top twitterers (yes, that’s what they are called), top hashtags and frequency of tweets over a period of time.
Meanwhile, we have also moved to loklak.net! We now have collected more than 40 million tweets and have data from more than 13 million users! More exciting thing soon to come.
wall? The internet does not have walls.
Oh, but we do have one. Our wall doesn’t separate people. It brings them closer. More specifically, we bring the audience closer to you at your event.
Sounds interesting. What is it?
It is a twitter wall!
A twitter wall is an awesome way to engage your social media audiences at your event. Any tweets related to an event will pop up on our wall within seconds of the actual tweet.
Setting up a twitter wall on Loklak is super easy.
Step 1: Give us some basic information about your event
Step 2: Tell us what content should appear on your wall. You can be as specific as you want. Or not at all!
Step 3: Tell us how your wall should look. You get four different layouts to choose from:
- Linear: 3 tweets are shown at a time.
- Grid: 9 tweets perfectly arranged in a grid.
- Center of attraction: One big tweet in the center of the page.
- Map: YES! A MAP! Watch tweets appear on a map!
We have beautiful animations too. We really want your twitter wall to look good when you show it at your event.
Soon to come:
- Tweet statistics. View how many people tweeted over time. View top hashtags, top mentions and top twitterers. All this in real time!
- More layouts. You can suggest us one too!
- A photo wall. Watch photos from twitter and instagram come alive on the wall when within seconds of posting.
- A dashboard and the ability to quickly save, edit and create new twitter walls.
The Loklak twitter wall is a part of the Loklak webclient which is powered by the Loklak server. We use AngularJS with browserify to make our app modular, along with some CSS magic to deliver a beautiful and useful product. The best part is that we are open source. You can contribute too! We are on Github.
Loklak webclient on Github
Loklak Server on Github
Chat with us on Gitter